Ambassador Mary M. Khimulu holds a PhD in Human Behaviour and Leadership (Management), Masters in Management & Organisation Development and BSC Business Administration, (Magna Cum Laude). She is currently serving as:
- Global Honorary Associate - World Association of Girls Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS);
- Trustee Member of African World Heritage Fund- UNESCO Category II Institute (South Africa);
- Advisory Board Member of the Nigeria /UNESCO Category II Institute for African Culture and International Understanding;
- Board Member and Bureau Member of UNESCO (Management of Social Transformations Programme and UNESCO IPDF- International Fund for the Protection of Culture);
- Vice-President for Africa Group of the UNESCO Inter - governmental Council (IGC) of the Management of Social Transformations (MOST) Programme.